Celtic Latest - 20th August 2021
Hi to all
Not the news we wanted. Let's all do our part and get through it again, we know we can :-)
MCRU - Covid
We will all get the Government update this afternoon at 3pm and Sport NZ and NZ Rugby will then revisit requirements beyond this weekend.
Firstly everyone should be aware that Under Level 3 or 4 no organised sport, training or meetings can take place. Level 2 has significant restrictions and requirements – contact tracing, group size and social distancing. A return to play plan sign-off with each group is also required.
So we await the announcement at 3pm before NZR considers the next steps and it may be a day or 2 before we have a clear picture of what is possible next week and beyond and how it might be delivered.
We have already had advice that the requirements around sport and recreation at each level may change. (Given the increased transmissibility of the delta variant). This may mean some new measures in place at particular levels. So we will communicate the requirements as soon as they are confirmed to us – remembering last year there was some ongoing tweaking of these along the way.
So we will keep you updated as things evolve. But you can keep up to date with the latest official COVID information
If you haven’t read the Sport New Zealand and NZR Alert Level Guidance for some time, I encourage you to take another look. There is more definition and clarity in a lot of areas since the early versions.
- For the latest government information, visit www.covid.govt.nz
- For information and guidelines for sport, recreation and play at each Alert Level, visit Sport NZ’s Alert Level Guidance
- For information specific to Rugby including Announcements, Alert Levels and Return to Play https://www.nzrugby.co.nz/news-and-events/covid-19/
JAB Prizegiving - Tomorrow
Postponement date to be advised.
Senior Prizegiving Ball - Saturday 28th August
We will make the call after Government announcement on Tuesday.
Left at 7's - Kathmandu puffer jacket. Lachie Robinson (Allenton?) If you know of the family let them know.
Also taken in error at 7's - Grey YMCA backpack with a pair of black shoes inside.
1. Mid Canterbury beat Australia 16 - 10 in August 1964. Ashburton Celtic had 3 players on the field that Day who were they?
2. Mid Canterbury lost to Australia 19 - 12 in August 1978 Ashburton Celtic had 1 player in the team who was that player?
3. Hannan Shield XV played Argentina in 1989 Ashburton Celtic had 1 player who was the team captain. can you name that player?
Bar Tab prize draw for the winner.
Until next week.
Take care, obey the rules and be kind. We got this.